Financial Services firms are faced with hundreds of tasks that can be automated; in this case, IT operations needed to be streamlined to improve the business operations on a daily basis.
A Financial Services institution needed to monitor their critical infrastructure by:
- Reducing the manual effort in monitoring the Azure disk utilization
- Identifying potential issues that exceed standardized thresholds based on documentation and/or past activities
- Preempting disk issues by analyzing the performance of the applications and auto alerts
Continuously monitored applications, messages, machine queues, logs, etc. and automate the management of the Azure virtual machine disk utiliSation.
- Modeled historical patterns to determine a dynamic threshold
- Whenever disk utilization exceeded above the dynamic threshold, automation increased the disk capacity
- Auto-created incidents in ServiceNow, and auto-closed them when resolved